Thrombophilia is a term used to describe conditions in which the tendency to clot in the blood is increased, thus the risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE) is high.
Acquired and hereditary factors play a role in its etiology. Causes of acquired thrombophilia (advanced age, obesity, smoking, etc.) and/or changes in many genes that play a role in the fluidity of the blood in the blood vessels affect the system towards the formation of thrombosis.
Thrombosis is among the most common causes of death in the world.
- KrosMelt CVD 6 (FII, FVL, MTHFR677, 1298, FVC, PAI) Panel Real Time PCR Kit is a multiplex PCR diagnostic kit that scans six regions in total in three tubes.
- In the FII/FV Master Mix tube, FV Leiden mutation is detected in the FAM channel, while the FII Prothrombin 20210 mutation is detected in the HEX channel.
- MTHFR677/1298 Master Mix tube detects MTHFR C677T mutation in FAM channel, while MTHFR A1298C mutation is detected in HEX channel.
- While FV Cambridge mutation is screened from FAM channel in PAI/CAMB Master Mix tube, 4G/5G sequence length polyformism consisting of insertion/deletion variation occurring in PAI-1 gene is detected in HEX channel.
PCR Instruments validated for use with our Kit
- Roche LightCycler 480
- Roche LightCycler 96
- Roche LightCycler Nano
- Qiagen Rotor Gene Q
- Qiagen Rotor Gene Series
- Corbett Realtime PCR
- BMS Mic
- Biorad CFX Connect
- Biorad CFX96
- Applied Biosystem ABI 7500
- Applied Biosystem ABI 7500 Fast
- Applied Biosystem ABI StepOne
- Applied Biosystem ABI StepOne Plus
- Thermo Scientific Quant Studio 3-5-7
- Slan Realtime PCR