Microbiota is the name given to ecological communities of symbiotic and pathogenic microorganisms living in various organs of multicellular organisms in general.
In recent years, with the advances in molecular genetics, studies on microbial diversity in different organs, tissues and environments have gained momentum. With the microbiota study, all bacteria in the isolated material can be identified down to species and subspecies.
With the microbiota study performed with the NGS device in the Krosgen Biotechnology infrastructure;
- It is much faster and less costly than comparable methods, as it can diagnose all types of bacteria without limitation of bacterial species.
- Microorganisms that are difficult or impossible to reproduce in the medium can be screened.
- As a result of the study, the types of bacteria found in any given culture can be determined, as well as their ratios relative to each other can be analysed.
- As Krosgen Biotechnology, we provide the consumables required for your microbiota studies and carry out the necessary laboratory studies in our own laboratory.
The sample is placed in a “Collection Tube” so that the bacteria present in the sample do not change after they are separated in their natural environment.
- Bacterial DNA Isolation from Sample:
Bacterial isolation of each sample is performed.
- Creating a Library:
Molecular barcoding is applied to each sample for bulk sample loading into the NGS system.
Each region amplified in the PCR device is read in 50 replicates as 150×2 bp.
- Bioinformatics Analysis:
The results are matched with the existing bacterial DNA sequences in the databases, and the bacteria in the sample are identified.